Advances and Opportunities in Single-Cell Transcriptomics for Plant Research.
Single-cell approaches are quickly changing our view on biological systems by increasing the spatiotemporal resolution of our analyses to the level of the individual cell. The field of plant biology has fully embraced single-cell transcriptomics and is rapidly expanding the portfolio of available technologies and applications. In this review, we give an overview of the main advances in plant single-cell transcriptomics over the past few years and provide the reader with an accessible guideline covering all steps, from sample preparation to data analysis. We end by offering a glimpse of how these technologies will shape and accelerate plant-specific research in the near future.
1. A new era for plant science: spatial single-cell transcriptomics.
2. Single-cell and spatial transcriptomics approaches of cardiovascular development and disease.
3. Breathing fresh air into respiratory research with single-cell RNA sequencing.
4. Space: the final frontier - achieving single-cell, spatially resolved transcriptomics in plants.
5. Single-cell profiling for advancing birth defects research and prevention.
1. Single-cell RNA-sequencing analysis of Arabidopsis roots
2. Gene expression pattern of single mES cells during cell cycle stages; ; ; ; ; ; ;
3. Parallel Bimodal Single-cell Sequencing of Transcriptome and Chromatin Accessibility (Human single cell ATAC-seq)
4. Spatial reconstruction of immune niches by combining photoactivatable reporter and single-cell RNA-seq
5. Cell hashing enable sample multiplexing, multiplet identification and super-loading on droplet-based single cell RNA-sequencing platforms