Multispectral tracing in densely labeled mouse brain with nTracer.
This note describes nTracer, an ImageJ plug-in for user-guided, semi-automated tracing of multispectral fluorescent tissue samples. This approach allows for rapid and accurate reconstruction of whole cell morphology of large neuronal populations in densely labeled brains. nTracer was written as a plug-in for the open source image processing software ImageJ. The software, instructional documentation, tutorial videos, sample image and sample tracing results are available at https://www.cai-lab.org/ntracer-tutorial. Supplementary data are available at Bioinformatics online.
Image Processing, Computer-Assisted
Roossien, Douglas H
Sadis, Benjamin V
Webb, John M
Min, Lia Y
Dizaji, Aslan S
Bogart, Luke J
Huth, Robert S
Stecher, Johanna S
Lichtman, Jeff W
Hensch, Takao K
Herzog, Erik D
1. QuimP: analyzing transmembrane signalling in highly deformable cells.
2. ImagePy: an open-source, Python-based and platform-independent software package for bioimage analysis.
3. Multispectral tracing in densely labeled mouse brain with nTracer.
4. Improved structure, function and compatibility for CellProfiler: modular high-throughput image analysis software.
5. CellProfiler Analyst: interactive data exploration, analysis and classification of large biological image sets.