MERFISHing for spatial context.
A new paper in Science by Zhuang and colleagues introduces multiplexed error-robust FISH (MERFISH). MERFISH extends single-molecule imaging techniques to profile the copy number and localization patterns of thousands of genes, representing a major advance for spatial transcriptomics, with exciting potential applications in immunology.
Gene Expression Profiling
In Situ Hybridization, Fluorescence
Shalek, Alex K
1. Computer vision for image-based transcriptomics.
2. Hybridization-based in situ sequencing (HybISS) for spatially resolved transcriptomics in human and mouse brain tissue.
3. Mapping Cellular Coordinates through Advances in Spatial Transcriptomics Technology.
4. Barcoded oligonucleotides ligated on RNA amplified for multiplexed and parallel in situ analyses.
5. Cell segmentation-free inference of cell types from in situ transcriptomics data.
1. Barcoded oligonucleotides ligated on RNA amplified for multiplexed and parallel in situ analyses
2. High-density spatial transcriptomics arrays for in situ tissue profiling
3. A method for spatially resolved tissue transcriptomics applied to the mouse and lizard P. vitticeps brains
4. Spatial reconstruction of single-cell gene expression
5. Spatially resolved, highly multiplexed RNA profiling in single cells